NEW! In collaboration with the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP), we are offering a new course, HUMAN TRAFFICKING: RAISING AWARENESS TO IDENTIFY VICTIMS IN THE CLINICAL SETTING, which is approved by Texas Health and Human Services to meet the requirements of H.B. 2059.
This course is offered free of charge to all pediatric health care providers. Note: This course is not accredited by NAPNAP.
Pediatric Health Care Professionals
- Explore health care response to trafficking.
- Identify principles of trauma-informed care in caring for potentially trafficked persons.
- Analyze best practices for response to victims in the clinical environment.
- Discover elements of a trafficking protocol for healthcare organizations.
- Describe the role of the healthcare provider in prevention, identification, referral, treatment, aftercare, and advocacy for trafficking victims.
Jessica Peck, DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC, CNE, CNL, FAANP, FAAN